Re: Letter to NPR

Bill Lipton said:

> I suggest that the likely reason that UCS is
> quoted as the experts on this is that our professional societies are not
> prepared to respond, while UCS is.

A highly probable hypothesis, Bill. However, we don't know that for
sure. We haven't heard any response from anyone representing HPS,
NEI, EPRI or any other respected organization.

Perhaps we in the industry need to have an "Emergency Plan" of our
own, not to respond to the site (as in a nuclear plant emergency
plan), but to respond to the media and anyone else interested in
listening to what the "other side" has to say.

Timing is everything, the early bird gets the worm, etc. UCS is
highly proficient in getting out their message. We should be as well.
We're not.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205