Re: Dosimetry Processors: Use of Supplementary Information in Dose

Brian:

> You receive a dosimeter from a client/user along with a copy of an
> accident report indicating that the dosimeter (and a PIC) was left for two weeks
> in a locker in an area where radiography was being performed.

Specifically to your scenario above, we would only process the
dosimeter for information, NOT use it for dose reporting at all, and
only report the customer provided estimate. If the personnel badge
was irradiated at all, when not in an occupational effort, the
dosimeter should be considered "damaged" or "invalid" and no
assumptions should be made to adjust the net result derived from
processing that dosimeter. To do otherwise puts the processor, and
the facility, in potential litigation, and liability for the
assumptions made.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205