Re: Letter to NPR

Glenn,

I would suggest that if you provided a more concise bio for Mr.
Lochbaum, instead of the paragraph that only stated that he was a
student intern and a member of ANS, that the information would have
been more appropriately received. I also will take exception to your
comment that I only disagree with an individual because they happen
to be associated with an anti-nuclear group. In fact, I have and do
correspond with individuals who are NOT pro-nuclear. However, we
discuss issues, and not personalities. As far as the Japanese
coverage, there were some anti-nuclear spokespersons who actually did
a fair treatment in discussing the issues at hand.

In summary, if you're going to present an individual's credentials,
provide them, but don't leave us only with the fact that the
individual is a member of a professional society. That doesn't make
for a valid conclusion of thoughts.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205