Re: Letter to NPR

"However, we still do not know his background, or his experiences or
expertise that leads one to accept anything he has said in the past or will
say again in the future."

Sandy doesn't know and apparently doesn't need to know.  David Lochbaum works
for the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), and, unfortunately, that single
fact is sufficient to lead Sandy to summarily dismiss "anything [Mr.
Lochbaum] has said in the past or will say again in the future."  When you
can't refute the message, attack the messenger.

Mr. Lochbaum has made numerous public written and spoken statements on
nuclear issues.  I've heard Mr. Lochbaum speak, and I suspect that he would
be the first to caution against merely "accepting anything he says," but
rather he would say critically analyze the facts, his statements, and the
statements of those who disagree, and make up your own mind.  Can Sandy say
the same?

I reiterate:  I must point out that you don't even suggest that the UCS
statements were inaccurate, let alone cite an inaccurate statement.

See http://www.ucsusa.org/about/Lochbaum.html for a very brief bio of Mr.
Lochbaum.  I believe he worked for KG&E at the Wolf Creek Plant.

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
St. Charles, MO
GlennACarlson@aol.com

<< Subj:     Re: Letter to NPR