RE: 60th criticality accident

Dear RADSAFErs,

I want to submit a correction to one of my previous messages, partially
quoted below.  Apparently in my haste to get the information out, I did not
check my sources properly, but rather relied on my sometimes faulty memory.

Both of the recent criticality accidents in Russia occurred in 1997, about a
month apart, rather than one in 1997 and one in 1998.  The sequence is
correct, though, with the second one being the fatality.

Sorry for the error.

Doug Minnema, Ph.D. CHP
Defense Programs, DOE
<Douglas.Minnema@ns.doe.gov>

what few thoughts i have are truly my own