Re: Environmental Newswire Poll on Nuclear Power Safety

>I voted, but I cringed as I did having had this question asked of me in an
>unfriendly environment many times and getting into an endless argument
>about what is "safe".

These polls on safety are more like some strange form of "entertainment". I
may have mentioned a poll on the web that Swedish sensational newspaper
"Expressen" had 2-3 years ago: "Do mobile phones cause brain tumors? Vote!"
(some folks reported that they had had brain tumors without owning a cell
phone and another one reported that he owned dozens of cell phones and
hadn't got a brain tumor yet - I wonder how many who got a glimpse of the
scientific method from that). According to my opinion, this type of
information has been quite successful in its impact on public risk
perception (cell phones, Sweden). My thoughts and observations only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com