Re: Hormesis in the News.

"Joan E. Stovall" wrote:

>         The "New Australian" has an article about hormesis, that sounds
> really interesting.  The article is by *Dr Aaron Oakley" of  Oakley
> Environmental Research.  The article mentions the Lorentz Rat
> Experiments of the 1940's.   The only criticism, that I have, is
> that my knowledge of those experiments indicates the uranium ore
> (not uranium dust) was used to provide an approximately uniform
> radiation field in the rat experiment area, not as an inhalation
> source.

Joan, group,

The Manhattan Project U-dust inhalation studies were not the Lorenz
studies. Don Luckey refs them from Stone 1942:

Stone, R. (1942) Health protection activities of the plutonium
project, Proc. Am. Philos. Soc., 90, 11.

Does anyone have a copy?

See the ref regarding effects on reproduction at:
http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/Data_Docs/1-3/1/1316lu94.html

Also refs to Lorenz and other animal studies at:
http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/Data_Docs/1-3/1/131list.html

>         For the entire article, go here:
> http://www.newaus.com.au/news136aaron2.html
>
> Joan E. Stovall