Re: Six nuclear Newsweek pages: THE NEXT CHERNOBYL

> PS. I met a 12 year old boy 2-3 years ago who told me that Sosnovy-bor –
> where his father works – is absolutely safe. I didn’t argue but asked
> myself: How well have KI tablets been distributed in the St. Petersburg area
> (does anyone in Radsafers land know?).

Bjorn and other Radsafers,

Is KI generally available in your experience?  Should it be?  We are
considering the issue of stockpiling in Massachusetts.  Was KI
distributed during the recent accident in Japan?  Should it have been?
This is several weeks later and it is unclear how much fission materials
were present.  Any help on this would be much appreciated.

D. Burnstein
(Mass. ACRP)