Re: dishwasher

arthur@bartlettinc.com

We use dishwashers and clothes washers for decontamination purposes.

Cross contamination is not a problem if you rinse adequately for the level
of contamination and desired residual level.

We operate once-through or in a water recycle mode, depending on
circumstances.

Water recycle systems are in-house designs, using particulate, charcoal & IX
filters plus UV conditioning.

In the past, we have washed respirators using only water and bleach, no
detergents, with water recycle.

Using detergents with water recycle requires careful balancing of the
system.

Without water recycle, detergents need only be suitable for the physical
contaminants on the glassware.  If you have liquid radwaste processing,
there may be compatibility issues to address.