From: Franz Schoenhofer [mailto:schoenho@via.at]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 1:05 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Tokaimura

RADSAFERs,

I am now going to post something which in the mind of a few RADSAFERs might
be a "sacrileg", but hopefully will be in accordance with the so called
"silent majority":

P l e a s e,  p l e a s e  stop these silly updates of the condition of the
victims of the Tokaimury accident!!!!! For me this looks like "vultures
circling above the victims". The victims have been identified by name and
still can be identified by other means than RADSAFE. In my opinion it is
unacceptable, that the most personal data like blood cells counts, etc.
etc. etc. are distributed by some persons to others like the most intimate
data in the socalled "rainbow press". It seems rather obvious that one
person will not survive the accident and everybody can only hope that the
others will survive.

Why do you not respect the privacy of the victims????? They have suffered
of whatever reason - this is not to be discussed in this circumstances. I
do not understand why the hospital distributes these private data (do they?
or where do they come from?))- I think in all other civilized countries
this would be a case for the court. Why are the conditions of these persons
distributed to thousands of other persons, not involved personally in the
case - just to satisfy sensational interest? What is the scientific
background? There is none!!

Once again -  s t o p  t h a t !!! Report about the outcome of the cases,
which in my opinion would not help much for research, since criticality
accidents have happened before, but then I was too young and internet did
not exist, but I do not believe that daily bulletins were distributed about
the condition of Slotin and others.

S t o p  i t!  It is in my opinion disgusting.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna