Re: Tokaimura

At 15:41 07.12.1999 -0600, you wrote:
>RADSAFERS,
>
>Franz Schoenhofer asked that I stop posting the medical updates of the JCO
>criticality accident victims. His point is well taken, for I have been
posting
>my translation of the STA's updates with mixed feelings as well. My heart
goes
>out to the victims and their families.
>
>However I also realize that there are genuine interests, at least among those
>people who wrote me privately to continue the postings.  And if I may be of
>service to the health physics community (without offending anyone's
>sensibilities or privacy) I will try my best.
>
>Per Franz's request, I will stop posting, at least for now. If there is
>sufficient interest, perhaps I'll resume translating, and perhaps send
them out
>privately.  For now, I will spend more time with my family.
>
>Thank for your patience.
>Sincerely,
>Tosh Ushino
>ICN Dosimetry
>Costa Mesa, CA

Dear Tosh,

You obviously have understood, though I have not explicitely mentioned it,
that my posting was not directed towards you personally as an offence -
there have been several other persons posting information. It seems to me
that you have understood my reasoning. I appreciate the efforts you have
put into the translations, but once again you obviously understood my
reasoning. I think that a summary would be appropriate. I hope that your
family will appreciate the extra time you grant them...

I have been thinking what I would like in case I would be a victim of such
a case - well, I cannot be. I underwent recently some medical problems,
from which I have well recovered. But I have not informed anybody except my
closest relatives about the problem. Maybe I am biased?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7