Re: Ra, 25 mrem/y

I would agree with Professor Raabe's assertions related to the exposure and
residual Ra-226 contamination. However, with all due respect to Professor
Raabe, my only question is:  what is a reasonable dose to which a future,
nonconsensual, inhabitant may be subjected?  Although the limit set by EPA
may not be scientifically based, the proposed limit appears to attempt to
significantly reduce the nonconsensual exposure to the general public and
future inhabitants.  Many of the arguments against the proposed limits seem
to infer that there is an inherent right to subject future inhabitants to a
contributing dose.  Where does the power to subject future inhabitants to
such a dose originate?

Keith D. Anderson, CHP
ECC
kda2921@aol.com