Re: Ancient Radiation levels

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Karam, Andrew wrote:

  Fatal mutations (at least, those that are fatal before an
> organism can reproduce) are invariably not passed on, but sublethal
> mutations are.

	This reminds me of a question that has nothing to do with this
discussion but has always plagued me. Please believe me that I have no
moral or political motives in asking this -- I am just trying to reach a
scientific understanding. My question is, why has homosexuality not been
bred out of the human race since it is generally unfavorable for
reproduction?

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh