RE: Nuclear Power vs CO2

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Weiner, Ruth wrote:
> This is not an argument over whether nukes are environmentally better,
> worse, or the same as fossil fuel generation -- only that nukes produce less
> CO2.  Personally, I don't think CO2 is a problem, and I think the net
> environmental damage is generally just proportional to the power produced,
> no matter what the conversion process and what the particular environmental
> damage.

	--If anyone believes that nuclear power does not have great
environmental advantages over coal burning to produce the same electrical
energy, even aside from the CO2 question, please contact me or read one of
the books I have published on that subject.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260