AW: [ RadSafe ] Excitement about the cancer investigation on the C-Netz in Steiermark

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Mar 3 16:12:32 CST 2008

RADSAFErs,

This Gerd Oberfeld is known in Austria to be a militant opposer of mobile
communications. His claims have not changed since a long, long time ago and
he was also the driving force behind this "Salzburg tolerance level" for
electromagnetic waves used in mobile communication, which did not hold at
all in practice. He is employed at the local Salzburg government as
environmental medicine doctor, I doubt that he is a researcher at all, sure
not at a university.

The Austrian papers which I read did not mention this press conference at
all, I found after a google search an article in a small Austrian paper,
which ridiculed the "research" already in the headline: "Cancer caused by
non-existing mobile communication installation". In the text it is mentioned
that his various previous "studies" never held, that he refuses to withdraw
this clearly flawed "study" and that he is not at all impressed by facts.

For those who read German and are interested to see, that not only in
nuclear questions there are such anti-everything extremists, I recommend to
google for "Gerd Oberfeld". (What I found was all in German.) Those of you
familiar with epidemiology would sure have a good laugh when reading about
his methods to "prove" dramatic cancer excesses.

What is not so funny, is that these persons and also the "research"
mentioned by Bjoern are funded by tax-payers' money.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.