[ RadSafe ] NRC Alphatron high vacuum guage

Steve Schoner schoner at mybluelight.com
Fri Mar 7 09:31:18 CST 2008

Hello all,

I have been looking for an Alphatron gauge for some time.   I will need this for a vacuum deposition chamber that I will be making  for depositing metal films on meteorite thin sections and optics.

see:

http://wantitnow.ebay.com/NRC-Alphatron-Model-520-to-820-vacuum-gauge_W0QQadidZ190202292110QQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEWINQ3aPOST

There are conflicting reports that these require special licenses and others that they do not.   They have been in the past offered on eBay, though not recently.

Originally these were sold by the maker NRC in MA under a general license.   When disposed of they would then be returned to that manufacturer.     I think that this company was bought out by Varian Corp, which still makes thermionic high vacuum gauges but not Alphatrons.

Email me off list, as any advice or leads regarding this request would be appreciated

Steve Schoner
schoner at mybluelight.com