[ RadSafe ] Radioactivity from volcanic eruptions?

Brad Keck brad.keck at vitaleascience.com
Fri Apr 16 11:34:51 CDT 2010

Radsafers,

I would refer to you to some work from Drs. Salaymeh and Kuroda of the
University of Arkansas (then) that followed the eruption of Mt. St. Helens
and El Chicon volcanoes, and followed the content of rainwater over several
years.  Prof. Kuroda passed away some years ago, but as far as I know Dr.
Salaymeh is still working in the field; perhaps this radsafe post will find
him for an expert view.

For a good start, try the Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
116, 2, p 261-269 (1987).

Happy hunting,

Bradly D. Keck, Phd, CHP