[ RadSafe ] "Countdown to Zero" disarmament movie

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Aug 16 11:13:14 CDT 2010

John wrote:
"The real concern in that area of the world is many of those currently in
TRUE power survived the 1980-1988 Iran/Iraq war and brought with them a
particular kind of mentality. In those days, those fighting for Iran needed
weapons; so the leadership enlisted the help of any volunteer (young men,
old men, women, and even children). They handed these folks their weapons: a
red sash for their forehead and a Koran. These individuals rushed armed
Iraqi positions to physically take Iraqi weapons. These are the same folks
who are in true power over Iran."

We must remember that the Iraqis (and the US's favored allay Saddam
Hussein!) were armed by the US...... which explains the distrust and
animosity of the Iranians in power towards the US......

He also wrote:
" Peace through strength will always work with oppressive aggressors."

Precisely the attitude of the Iranians (and their opinion - somewhat
justified by past events - of the US)......

NOTE: I am not in favor of nuclear arms for Iran: just pointing out that it
is necessary to look at all sides of an argument.....

Regards
Doug
___________________________________
Doug Aitken