[ RadSafe ] Efficiency of Workers Wearing Respiratory Protection

William Lipton doctorbill34 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:21:11 CDT 2010

See NRC Regulatory Guide 8.15, Section 2.1:

*For ALARA evaluations, a respirator-induced
worker inefficiency factor of up to 15% may be used
without further justification. Larger worker inefficiency
factors may be used, but the licensee should
have test data to support them.*

William V. Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.