[ RadSafe ] End Of An Era

Michael LaFontaine, P. Phys. LCS at golden.net
Sun Jun 13 18:47:06 CDT 2010

Dear Franz,

I respect your physics opinions, but cannot come to terms with your
penchant for denigrating the United States. I'm not sure what your metric
is for  this current missive. Contrary to what you believe, the US is 3rd
in overall land area at 9.6 million km^2 (just behind Canada and Russia),
this is more than double the EU's combined land area of 4.3 million km^2
(most of the EU could fit into the six largest US states with room to
spare). Population wise, the 300+ million of the US compares quite
favourably with the combined 500 million of the combined EU, and vastly
outnumbers the population of any individual EU country.

Like it or not, the US, despite the global recession, is still one of the
economic power-houses of the world; and remains the only super-power in
more than the military sense of the term.

Respectfully,

Michael LaFontaine, P.Phys.
Canadian