[ RadSafe ] Nureg 0017 (PWR-GALE)

Rahim Ghanooni rahim.ghanooni at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:19:18 CDT 2010

Pete:

The following is a list of the topics for PWR-GALE (Nureg 0017).  For an
operating plant the radionuclide concentrations can be measures
(detected/analysis/….).   However for a new nuke plant all these parameters
have to be calculated and submitted for approval.  The documentation only
provides two or three calculational methodology (equations, …) for
determining the rest, the software is needed.

I am working for NuScale Power Inc. (www.nuscalwepower.com) to determine the
radionuclide concentrations in the plant systems, the expected fuel burnup
concentration and perform the shielding calculation.

The NuScale Power is in process of designing a 160 MWt Nuke plant, very
efficient, cost effective, and it is designed to put few in series obtaining
for example 800 MWt.  Please check the Website for more info.

PWR-GALE (Nureg0017) topics

Radionuclide Concentrations in the Primary and Secondary Coolant, Iodine
Releases from Building Ventilation Systems,

Radioactive Particulates Released in Gaseous Effluents,

Noble Gas Releases from Building Ventilation Systems,

Steam Generator Blowdown Flash Tank Vent

Iodine Releases from Main Condenser Air Ejector Exhaust

Containment Purge Frequency

Containment Internal Cleanup System

Radioiodine Removal Efficiencies for Charcoal Adsorbers and Particulate
Removal Efficiencies for HEPA Fi1ters

Waste Gas System Input Flow to Pressurized Storage Tanks

Holdup Times for Charcoal Delay System

Liquid Waste Inputs

Detergent Waste

Chemical Wastes from Regeneration of Condensate Deminerallzers

Tritium Releases

Decontamination Factors for Deminera1izers

Decontamination Factors for Evaporators

Decontamination Factors for Liquid Radwaste filters

Decontamination Factors for Reverse Osmosis

Guideline for Calculating Liquid Waste Holdup Times

Adjustment to Liquid Radwaste Source Terms for Anticipated Operational
Occurrences

Atmospheric Steam Dump

Carbon-14 Releases

Argon-41 Releases