[ RadSafe ] "higher than normal"

Emer, Dudley (CONTR) EMERDF at nv.doe.gov
Mon Apr 11 14:01:38 CDT 2011

Franz,
You're absolutely right, but please remember who you're dealing with here.  In order to support their faulty belief structure they will permit themselves to cherry pick or fabricate any data that's required to generate the hysterics needed to line their pockets.

So if you can't find a number you want because it's zero then just make one up or cherry pick something.

"1. *The current U.S. median of 0.198 picocuries of I-131 per cubic meter of air was at least 20 times above "normal" level*s (0.010) recorded by EPA in early June 1986 when Chernobyl fallout had largely disappeared from the U.S. "  - Joseph Mangano

 "Largely disappeared" can now be equated to "normal" allowing them to conveniently ignore zero.  One can assume that number (0.010) was the smallest they could find just before everything went back to normal (zero).

Very impressive - they've now established a US background for I-131 out of thin air (no pun intended).

Here's a working link to the EPA data he cited:
http://www.epa.gov/radiation/docs/rert/radnet-cart-filter-final.pdf

Notice that the results they cite are only for the west coast / pacific sampling stations that actually detected the plume, hardly a US median.  That's quite a bold step to declare that the current U.S. median of I-131 is now 0.198 pCi/m^3.  But then again what does the press know and he knows he'll get away with it.

Small narrow minds always sink to the bottom of the ethics barrel it would seem.

Dudley Emer
Geophysicist
National Security Technologies, LLC
US DOE Contractor
Nevada National Security Site, Mercury, Nv
702-295-7808 office
702-794-5824 pager
702-343-6208 cell