[ RadSafe ] Arnie Gundersen - Another One Who Interviews on Russia Today and Floods the Net

Neil, David M neildm at id.doe.gov
Thu Apr 28 10:19:58 CDT 2011

Without addressing the plausibility of the scenario initiation - one of the considerations of fuel storage is preventing that, especially with known seismic hazards - the release of energy could plausibly amplify the explosion. Dumping energy into air will heat it enough to produce explosive expansion; you've seen it happen, usually around tall dark clouds in the summer, when you can hear it for miles.

Dave Neil