[ RadSafe ] Energies used in Breast Irradiation

Savitz, Kenneth R (1UQ) savitzkr at y12.doe.gov
Tue Jan 25 07:11:29 CST 2011

I am pretty sure that this treatment is electrons and not photons - a very short range in tissue.  A scattering foil (usually copper) is placed in front of the target to generate the electrons from the x-rays coming off of the primary target. Treatment with x-rays at those energies in that area could be disastrous.

Ken Savitz