[ RadSafe ] DOT and dose calibrator source

Philip Simpson phils at umich.edu
Fri Jul 1 16:20:32 CDT 2011

Hi Gary,

You need a Certified Package and need to have the package certification on file.  Transport on public highways/byways requires a CDL even in a private vehicle. The shipper preparing the shipping paperwork also needs current DOT training in Hazmat shipping . The dose rate is low enough to not require vehicle placarding. The bottom line is that it is no different than shipping by a commercial carrier if the material is transported from its original licensed location.

Phil Simpson
University of Michigan
Ford Nuclear Reactor

I suspect you do not