[ RadSafe ] Fielding questions? Yes.

Conklin, Al (DOH) Al.Conklin at DOH.WA.GOV
Tue Mar 15 17:48:17 CDT 2011

Thanks. Our message is consistent.

Al Conklin
Lead Trainer and Health Physicist
Radiological Emergency Preparedness Section
Office of Radiation Protection
Department of Health
office: 360-236-3261
cell: 360-239-1237

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of
GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:41 PM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Fielding questions? Yes.

Al said:
"I'm taking the public calls on this incident- mostly about KI, with me
trying to explain why we're not recommending it. I've handled about 200
calls since yesterday. Anyone else inundated and what is your message?

Al Conklin"

Yes same here. My message is "do not take KI until and only if
told to by gov't officials. Do not take internally
Tincture of Iodine or other iodine bearing medicine period.
In a dire emergency, Tincture of iodine can be applied to skin.
Emergency
self calibrating dose is dip index finger in 2% Tincture of Iodine
up to the first knuckle"

The next question is: Do you have any Geiger Counters for sale,
and if so, how do I use it?" Answer: no I have nothing for sale.
Over the last 10 years I have distributed thousands of PICs, meters
and probes as we as several gamma analysis setups. For basic information
use these non professional free websites for information as shown:

New members, here is a guide to the various lists and the purpose for
each;

General Q+A, Chat about the venerable CDV-700 series,
prospecting,general
theory, go to:

General Q+A, Chat about Geiger Counter extreme modifications, all other
GC's
besides CDV-700's
advanced subjects, lab experiments:

Original, now closed but archived site:

Overflow FILES site:

General Q+A, Chat about spectrum analysis:

General Q+A, Chat about scientific non-medical use of X-Rays and X-Ray
machines
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/XRL/?yguid=191127071

Tutorials, get-up-to-speed-fast theory articles ( NO CHAT, Read-only):

George Dowell