[ RadSafe ] observations on iodized salt

radbloom at comcast.net radbloom at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 09:20:00 CDT 2011

Which is to say that if you count table salt - NaCl with I - you will get lower results than if you count the substitute salt, KI.  That's because it's the potassium, with includes K-40 (as well as larger amounts of non-radioactive (stable) K-39 and K-41), which is radioactive.  The iodine (I-127) is stable.

Cindy Bloom