[ RadSafe ] Busby: chemist or physicist?

Howard howard.long at comcast.net
Sun May 1 14:39:55 CDT 2011

Dr Busby,
How do you account for only 34 breast cancers being found among Japanese exposed to up to 20 rads(cSv) from the bombs, when 42.6 were expected with no exposure above background?

Do you believe we need more ionizing radiation than most Americans get, as with sunshine, for maximum health and minimum cancer? Japanese, also (up to 20cSv) may have a silver lining to the devastatioms of earthquake and tsunami and shortage of nuclear plant electricity, as Europeans had reduced heart attacks following WW2 undernutrition and forced exercise.
Serendipity.

Howard Long