[ RadSafe ] Fwd: WG: [srp] France nuclear: Marcoule siteblastkills one: Way off topic! Wine

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Sep 12 13:44:26 CDT 2011

Franz:
Mmmmmm, yes!:
Best wine I ever drank in my life (for my palate!):
1966 Hermitage from Jaboulet Aine..... (absolutely perfect with your
favorite wild boar!)
In a small restaurant called L'Opera in Covent Garden, London (in 1980!). So
good that I made a deal with the head sommelier (a small amount of money
changed hands!) to take it off the wine list and keep his stock (he had 9
bottles left) with a promise I would eat there once a week and finish his
stock.......
Which I did (thanks to a need to entertain visiting VIPs and clients <G>)...

Paid about $25 a bottle at the time. I checked current prices: ~$2,000 a
bottle!

Doug (a little tired of Polonium.....)

Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail: c/o Therese Wigzell,
Schlumberger,