[ RadSafe ] Seattle / Puget Sound Earthquakes

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 22:57:40 CDT 2012

Dear JJC/Jerry Cohen,

     This earthquake event in Seattle is likely to  occur in the next 300
years or so????  I don't know
what the spreading rate is in the vicinity of the Juan de Fuca ridge
system.

     You're right, meteor impacts could happen.   Not so likely.  A very
good meteor impact might knock
the Earth out of stable orbit, and we all would perish fairly  quickly.  A
little fire, scarecrow!!!! (Sorry).

     I live in New Jersey:  I'm only concerned for  my one friend in
Seattle.  And, of course,
Seattle is a very nice place to visit.

     You behave yourself....

     Regards,    Joseph R (Joe)  Preisig, PhD

PS  There is information about cometary impacts in the geological
literature.

In a message dated 4/9/2012 9:04:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,