[ RadSafe ] [ The Global Warming problem

Philip Simpson phils at umich.edu
Tue Jul 24 15:24:23 CDT 2012

I have to believe every member of this list knows the difference between changing weather and changing climate.

 The climate is changing - it is always changing and always will change. The evidence is beyond dispute: The melting polar ice and associated rise in sea level.  The ever faster receding glaciers.  The  acidification of the oceans and associated coral reef destruction. .etc.

 Whether you want to believe anthropogenic sources are or are not contributing to the apparent increase in the rate of natural climate change is your prerogative.  I happen to believe we are doing a good job of "crapping in our own tent" and would prefer that we didn't.

Phil Simpson