[ RadSafe ] "overwhelming" number of scientists andclimatechange

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 10:04:36 CDT 2012

Radsafe:

      Google News has an item today about  Greenland melting.  Wow.

      Curious how an ice sheet melts in Summer and  refreezes in Winter???
Why is this news???

      Karen Street,

            Glad to  hear about your Cochlear implants.  Beethoven could
have used one or  two???
      RADSAFE is pretty pro-nuclear!!!  Are  you surprised by this???

            Stop  blogging and start listening, learning, reading etc.
Radsafe does invite  intellectual,
     or sometimes, just technical discussion.  But  come loaded for Bear
here --- even Lurkers on
     Radsafe have some pretty severe Scientific  Credentials.

          Want to know about  Nuclear Power???  Try NukeWorker or any
website run by the
     American Nuclear Society.  See also the  Health Physics website run
out of Idaho State
     University (you might find it by following links  through the ISU
Physics Department).
     The Health Physics Society has a website and they  have Associate
Memberships.
     A bit expensive, but they eventually send you the  journal Health
Physics.

          Still got the  Nuclear Bug???  Try Grad Study in Health Physics
and/or Nuclear
     Engineering.  I realize this is not  necessarily an easy path to take.

          Good  Luck,     Regards,    Joseph R. (Joe)  Preisig

  PS --- If I were a PhD student right now in  Meteorology/Atmospheric
Sciences, I might contemplate
           making a  Jump to Medical School --- there's a better future in
Medicine right  now???
           I hear Law  School is not that good a career path these days.
Of course, if  Meteorology
           and/or  Atmospheric Science are what consumes/interests you,
then you'll have to get  that
           PhD  anyway.

In a message dated 7/25/2012 10:03:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,