[ RadSafe ] Depleted uranium could this reduce our dependency on crude oil?

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 00:28:43 CDT 2012

Ahmad,

  As a US citizen I am pained to have to ask, is it a good thing that "Besides
exporting coal, the United States will export LNG, oil products and perhaps even
crude oil in the next 10 to 15 years"?  As citizens of this world, Earth, we all
end up eventually sharing the same air and water as these resources
are endlessly recycled.  If global warming is fact, and not fiction, as some
would have us believe, then wouldn't we be better served in the end by
technology that limit continuing or growing carbon output?  What will become of
our precious earth's atmosphere if the good and rightfully deserving peoples of
the developing world try to live the American and western European lifestyle?
Imagine a world with another billion or so gasoline and diesel powered
automobiles and trucks.  Clearly if we the people of the world are to have an
environment that is fit to live in we will have to make hard choices as to our
future and the use of resources.  There should be a place in this future for
fission to bridge us over to the use of fusion.  Many of the technologies to
advance our world have already been developed and in some cases are already in
place.  Unfortunately we currently lack the cohesive political will to push
forward in a coherent fashion.
Roy Herren