[ RadSafe ] Depleted uranium could this reduce our dependency on crude oil?

Ahmad Al-Ani ahmadalanimail at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 02:26:06 CDT 2012

Dear Roy, I couldn't agree more.

However, you said "There should be a place in this future for fission to bridge us over to the use of fusion" is clearly a biased proposition, perhaps because of our profession.

The recycling of CO using depleted uranium is not necessarily a waste-less process, it remains to be proven in the real world.

Let the economics play things out on these choices. The news revealed in the article of the link I provided will make the nuclear energy even less financially competitive or even feasible, particularly in the open un-subsidized US energy market.

Ahmad