[ RadSafe ] Depleted uranium could this reduce our dependency on crude oil?

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 11:45:21 CDT 2012

Dear Radsafe:

        From:   _jpreisig at aol.com_ (mailto:jpreisig at aol.com)       .

        Ahmad, Roy Herren, Group,

              Hope you all are well.  Global warming may be real.  Let's
not ignore  it.  Let's go forward with
Fission and/or Fusion.  I don't hear much from ITER in France  (Fusion).
Let's hope they are
chugging along with their research and getting fusion ready for commercial
use.  How cool would that
be.  Yes, there are profileration concerns.  The US and other  countries
nuclear industries continue
to produce energy with little fanfare.  Fukushima was an unfortunate
occurance.

            Global  warming may be a problem.  We'll see.  You've seen my
posts on the  matter.
The real problem for the Earth is population stabilization (and perhaps
control???).  Some nations
cannot continue their severe population growth and expect to have a great
standard of living.
Let's not put all the blame on the oil, gas, coal etc. industries.

           The  geophysicists, engineers, scientists, and their colleagues
are finding USA and  /or world
resources right now.  They are doing their job well.  My previous  posts
allude to oil and natural gas
etc. finds in Texas, Oklahoma, the Dakotas, Kansas, the Gulf of Mexico,
Pennsylvania, Alaska, Canada
and so on.  Sometimes, you drill deeper and you can find more  oil.  5,000
to 10,000 feet deep or
more --- sometimes under water.  If the USA is becoming a net exporter  of
oil, natural gas, coal, etc.
then that is wonderful news for our economy.  Better to be an exporter
than a net importer from
other countries.  Time for team USA to sell oil, gas, coal for a few  years
and bring down the
national debt and annual deficits.  Excellent.  Sure, Nuclear,  Fusion,
Solar, Wind etc. can go
forward.  But remember, it's a competitive situation.  Right now,  the
oil/coal/natural gas BIG DOG is
barking pretty loud.  Pricewise, fission and fusion need to be  competitive.

         Yes, there are state and  federal taxes on sold oil, natural gas
and coal.  Perhaps, a  percentage
(some small fraction??) of these taxes can support better fission/fusion
development.
Is there really an energy crisis right now???  Probably, it's more of  a
Human Population
crisis.  See books like "the Limits to Growth" written in the  1970's.

       Have a great  week.      Regards,    Joseph R. (Joe)  Preisig, PhD

In a message dated 6/4/2012 3:26:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,