[ RadSafe ] Spent reactor fuel

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 14:35:37 CDT 2012

Dear Franz,

     Well, I'm glad to hear that someone had this idea  many years ago.
Yes, shielding and handling
are clearly issues in doing what I have suggested.  Efficiency may be  a
concern.

     Technology innovations may allow today what could  not be done back
then.  A place like
Argonne National Lab or INEL could do a small-scale Spent Fuel/RTG
experiment.  One could
probably design some thermocouple quick-connect mechanism using magnets of
whatever to connect
a thermocouple to spent fuel and/or the fuel cladding.  Maybe a robot
could be designed to make
such a connection also (No dose to the humans involved in the
experiment)????

    Thanks for your radsafe post, Franz.  Go have a  beer????

    Thanks to Sergio and Roy Herren for their recent radsafe  posts.  Gamma
Knife technology
is so very interesting.  Read about it on Wikipedia or on the  internet.

    Regards,     Joe Preisig

In a message dated 10/7/2012 10:32:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,