[ RadSafe ] outdoor low dose rate measurements

Scott Davidson bsdnuke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:51:02 CDT 2013

Mr. Rich,

If this is converted to microR/h then 30 uR to 130 uR should be noticed on
a scintillation counter like a Ludlum-19 [1" NaI(Tl)].  If the unit's
speaker is on that is a noticeable difference that might not require
looking at the meter.  For the minimum calculated difference it is a little
more difficult but a factor of 2x might need paying more attention to the
sound it makes.

The count rate quoted by Ludlum is 175 cpm per uR/h so it will definitely
make audible sound

Regards,

Scott