[ RadSafe ] Scrubs, contamination and medical infections

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Mon Apr 29 11:06:55 CDT 2013

Hi Mike,

In my experience, scrubs and anti-Cs are cheap swapable clothes.

Anti-Cs that I have used do not provide any protection from gamma radiation and only work to keep contamination off of you. That is a fine purpose.

That may change as a company has figured out how to add Tungsten.

See http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/04/29/time-to-get-rid-of-those-ugly-radiation-suits-teijin-to-unveil-radiation-proof-fabric/

If you want to discuss to purpose of anti-Cs and scrubs in Radiation Protection, have at it.

However, the poster discussed germ control and scrubs.

See: "The whole hospital scrubs wearing ritual is kind of charade to make everyone feel safe from the germs."

That is a topic for some other mailing list.

Jeff