[ RadSafe ] Icaria & LNT No longer life span in HBRA in India

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 20:56:26 CDT 2013

Dear George,

Elsewhere, I have heard that yoghurt consumption has a positive contribution to longevity!

You may recall that there is a narrow band of heavily populated land in Kerala where the natural radiation levels are four times the average. This High Background Radiation Area (HBRA) attracted attention worldwide.   Substantial fractions of population in HBRA are exposed to high doses.I was actively involved in monitoring a research project on cancer in the area. Longevity was not looked at separately. But some one involved in the area told me that there is no difference in life expectancy in that population.

I wrote a few articles on the health effects in HBRA. You can access two of them at:

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-sci-tech-and-agri/monazite-sand-does-not-cause-excess-cancer-incidence/article671607.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/no-major-birth-defects-found-in-high-level-natural-radiation-areas-of-kerala/article3963278.ece

With warm regards
Parthasarathy