[ RadSafe ] Offsite Dose Calculation Manual & Reg. Guide 1.109

Victor Anderson victor.anderson at frontier.com
Thu Mar 7 19:02:45 CST 2013

John,

I'll go back and check guidance more closely, but dose is dose.  I wouldn't
leave offsite doses due to alpha emitters out of reports on offsite dose
calculations for any reason.  The whole point of doing offsite dose
calculations is to demonstrate compliance with regulations and technical
specifications.  In my opinion reporting alpha doses should be done and
those reports will be part of showing compliance with regulations and
technical specifications.  I'll look further into the reporting
requirements.

Victor