[ RadSafe ] ICAO/IATA regulations availability

Don Jordan donjordan at ramservicesinc.com
Thu Oct 10 10:36:30 CDT 2013

There is a difference between ICAO and IATA.

ICAO is a UN agency so their regulations have the force of law in the USA
(when we get around to incorporating them) by virtue of treaties.  These
regulations, Annex 18, can be purchased for $30 on their web site, but are
probably as useful as 49 CFR for figuring out how to actually do anything.

IATA is an Association of airlines that incorporates the ICAO regulations,
individual government variations, and carrier variations into their
regulations, which are expensive but are the most usable version for air
shipments.  I recommend the electronic version.   The cost of the book or
the CD will be a lot less than the FAA NOV.

Don Jordan

donjordan at ramservicesinc.com

RAM Services, Inc.
Voice	+1-920-686-3889
Fax	+1-920-686-3899

510 County Highway V
Two Rivers, Wisconsin	54241
United States of America

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Kulp, Jeffrey
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:31 AM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] ICAO/IATA regulations availability



I have a question regarding where I can obtain a copy of the IATA hazardous
materials shipping regulations. Does ICAO have a website like the US
government does for the Code of Federal Regulations that will allow me to
access hazmat shipping regulations for free, or will I have to pay to access
the most current air transport regulations? 


Thanks for any help,


Jeff Kulp

You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the
RadSafe rules. These can be found at:

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit:

More information about the RadSafe mailing list