[ RadSafe ] Hospital workers subjected to excessive radiation, lawsuits c...

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 23:56:39 CST 2014

Radsafe:

     What a mess.  Tort City???  I expect  this CAT Scan facility could be
modeled using MCNP (Monte Carlo Neutral Particle  Program).  The repeated
structure capability might be used in this  exercise.  If necessary, one MCNP
run could be done for each XRay source  and eventually the results could be
summed.  It might be a bit time  consuming.

    Somebody did do initial surveys of this  facility???  Somebody should
have isolated these problems initially, and  the facility's shielding should
have been modified as the facility was  commissioned.  Ouch!!!

   Joe Preisig

In a message dated 1/21/2014 11:58:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,