[ RadSafe ] Airborne tritium question

Scott Davidson bsdnuke at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:01:33 CDT 2015

For SFP there's always some tritium from ternary fission. The fuel cladding is not completely containing the tritium and there are some cladding defects. So control ventilation to keep the concentration lower. Practice probably predates modern fuel. Old SS cladding didn't hold the tritium.

Sent from my iPhone