[ RadSafe ] New Fusion Reactor

Joseph Preisig jrpnj01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:45:59 CST 2016

Radsafe/Franz,

     It is good to be skeptical about Fusion.  Hope to see you in 10
years.  The advances in High Temperature
Superconductivity could really help other Fusion approaches also.  Some of
these I've discussed on Radsafe
before.  I could see a breakeven Fusion reactor in 5 years with possible
financial support at a high level.

     Some questions remain... How do you get energy/power out of a fusion
reactor???  I could see fission and fusion
reactors running side by side for many years to come.  I guess the source
of deuterium is ocean water, which I guess
could be done.  If you want to use tritium or a heavier fuel, it has to
come from somewhere.  Tritium could come from deuterium
put in a conventional reactor.  Or tritium can come from reactions with
Lithium???  I guess one day, if there is a purchasing run on
lithium, then one might assume that fusion is working in a laboratory
somewhere.  For more on fusion, perhaps google the
name oliphant....

     Joe Preisig