4TH QTR REMP Air Particulates

Did anyone else see a large increase in the REMP air particulate 4th qtr
results.  The average of my air particulate results on 10/27/99 and prior was
approximately 0.016 pCi/L  however, the average of my results on 11/04/99 was
0.047 pCi/L.  The next week 11/11/99 they were down to approximately 0.028 and
have stayed around that value up through 12/15/99 (my last data).
I believe this increase to be a result of the Japan uranium reprocessing
accident since the dates tend to match with the atmospheric release.  That
accident occurred on September 30, 1999 approximately 30 days prior to the
increased air particulate results.

Second question
I would like to know if anyone else acidifies their REMP surface water, drinking
water, and ground water samples during collection.  Which samples do you
acidify, IF ANY?  If you do what do you use HCL, HNO3, etc. and how much 20 mL 1
normal solution per 1L?

3rd Question
Does anyone rinse their sample bottles for reuse?  Have you found any EPA/NRC/or
other official guidance on what to use to rinse (i.e. D.I, distilled, tap,
reagent grade I, II, or III)?

Jon Harner (jhharner@aep.com)