Re: H2O Microwave Criticality

Fellows,

I thinking, if it is true, may be we have two different phenomenas.
The first. "High energy supercritical state" - the energy stored in liquid.
I do not know if amount of stored energy will be enough to cause a steam
explosion.

The second.  "Orange juice state" - the energy stored in the cup walls.
I notice that, when I heat up thick liquids in the microwave oven, some times
the cups surface have higher than liquid's temperature.
May be it is possible that during heat up process the conventional heat
transfer from cup's surface to the orange juice is blocked by ....air bobbles
or pulp. Shaking restore the conventional heat transfer causes fast and
violent boiling?
Brian, what your cup made from? China (material)? How thick is it?

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

Why people have three different languages, writing, spoken and thinking?
Why can't we write what we say and say what we think?

"Unknown Author"

In a message dated 1/25/00 3:34:45 Pacific Standard Time,