Re: Fear, etc.

> Whenever I have talked to such a person, usually, not always, but most of the time
> (90% plus/minus 1% at 2 sigma for those needing a numerical value) they go away from
> our communication with their fear significantly reduced.

Al, I agree. Again I'll say that education and communication is
perfectly fine. But when someone tells me that there is
categorically no release of radioactive materials, but to go out and
survey the area, take samples of fauna, fowl and marine life, to
prove to the public that there is no risk of radiation exposure, that
goes too far.

Maybe the best way to state what I have been trying to say is ...
suppose you are asked to go and take the above referenced
samples to prove that there is no radiation risk from a facility that
ONLY has an x-ray machine. Are you going to go out and do that,
set-up the collection program, analyze the samples for particulate
releases, perhaps gaseous releases, because someone thinks that
an x-ray machine can cause a release, and, we're going to simply
show them that the area is safe? Are you. Please, tell me no Al!

Regards, and, missed you this past Thursday.........

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle