Re: sealed sources

In a message dated 02/18/2000 7:05:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gfeldman@msx.ndc.mc.uci.edu writes:

<< Do I understand you correctly that I am supposed to leak test and inventory
 sealed sources (specifically unused I-125 and Pd-103 sources) that have been
 placed into "decay in storage"?  We have just started our prostate implant
 program, so this would be a big deal as there are almost always a few seeds
 left over. >>

No, no, no...If it is truly waste to be decayed in storage for disposal, then
you don't need a specific exemption...It is waste, which is different than
sources that are simply "in storage" for eventual reuse.

Barbara