Re: another intentional misuse -Reply

Colleagues,

Debby has a valid point, as does Andy.  Yet, if we do not
have some firm "black and white" evidence, as distinct from
opinion, about what leads to these events, we can't attempt
to convince ourselves, or the public, or the regulators, that
we have the situation under control.

I reckon that if, as a group we collected and
collated information about the problem, and as a group made
a recommendation to the regulators about a possible
solution, we could not risk retribution in the form of more
restrictive regulation.  Could the regulators oppose a
consensus of informed opinion ?

On the other hand, if we can't make a recommendation to the
regulators which might solve the problem, then perhaps we
are inviting more restrictions.

I am happy, eager, to discuss this further in private unless
the Radsafe community feels that it would benefit from all of
our opinions.

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
New Children's Hospital,