Re: Reward

	The previous reward offers were based on a Referee, after
examining their suggestions and my responses, with ample opportunity for
back and forth discussion, deciding that their explanation was not
implausible. This reward requires only that their suggestion be accepted
for publication in HEALTH PHYSICS, with the reward to be paid before I
have had an opportunity to analyze the suggestion and respond. This should
be very much easier for the suggestor as it takes me out of the process.
	It seems clear to me that my analyses of the suggestions by Lubin,
Smith et al, and Goldsmith which were published showed that their
suggestions were completely implausible. To the best of my knowledge, they
have never quarrelled with that conclusion. They have certainly not asked
for the Referee process leading to collection of the previous reward offer
of $5000
	 If, as your message implies, you feel that my analyses
of their suggestions was not conclusive, I would be happy to hear your
reasons and discuss them with you. Or perhaps you could submit your
reasons for publication in HEALTH PHYSICS and collect a $1000 reward.
	I cannot help but wonder why you say you approved of the
suggestions by Lubin, Smith et al, and Goldsmith, but did not mention my
responding analyses of their suggestions.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260